The flat topped hood has a most unusual pewter fret, free standing pillars, and an opening glazed door. The long trunk door is 45 ½” long x 7″ wide and the base sits on a small plinth.
The 4 turned pillar plated movement is in good original condition with anchor escapement and outside countwheel. It has a most attractive 8 ½” dial with four season spandrels, ½ hour markers, original hand, and is boldly signed John Wilks.
John Wilks was recorded working at Wolverton from 1725 – 50 and also at Stratford-Upon- Avon which is 6 miles away from 1730-76. He repaired the church clocks at Barford, Harbury and Kenilworth.
Height: 84 1/2″ (215cms)