The ebony vennered case has brass escutcheons, bun feet, carrying handle and brass dome mounts which cover silk covered sound apertures.
The well made twin fuse 8-day hour striking movement has 5 beautifully turned pillars, verge escapement, pull quarter repeat on 2 bells and a strike-silent lever. The backplate is exquisitely engraved with flowers and foliage and is fully signed in a cartouche. The 7″ square dial has cherub corner spandrels, original hands, central engraved Tudor rose and a date aperture surrounded by engraving.
Robert Williamson, a fine maker was apprenticed in 1658 to John harris. He was free of the clockmakers company in 1666 and was working in St. Bartholemews Lane near Royal Exchange. He was assistant in the Clockmakers Company from 1682, warden from 1685 and master in 1698. He died around 1704.
Height: 12 3/4 ” (32 1/2 cms) handle down.